Apologies for week of silence (especially after such a big announcement last post!) – my mother has been in hospital back in her country hometown, and 4 hours of commuting round trip to go visit and get updates takes it out of you…
Anyway, today’s meme is to post the last recipe you made. So, from Sunday lunch, we have…
Spinach Quiche (with thanks to food.com’s Donna Matthews – I make my crust from scratch too and have great respect for others who do the same!)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- Cook frozen spinach and drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the crust together.
- Press (or roll out) into a 8 or 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Set aside.
- For filling, combine together the milks, eggs, onions, and seasonings, beating well.
- Gently stir in drained spinach.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 C) for 15 minutes; then at 325 F (160 C) for 20 minutes.