1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
To be honest, Mexican wouldn’t ever be my first cuisine choice. That being said, I think I prefer a slow-cook Chili Con Carne over anything in a wrap or a shell.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
Right away. We used to wait after school at the Library until our mother finished work and picked us up at 5.30, so those 2 hours I’d always churn through the homework (except Maths which I never in 5 years did any homework for) so I could go read novels.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
Gosh, that would assume I’d bought any home furnishings in the last 5 years 🙂 In all seriousness, I like unique pieces, and I like wood. Last couple of things we bought, we went to an artists village up in the mountains north of Brisbane and bought some pieces from the local woodturner’s group.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
Yes. Too much. Hence having to lose 25kgs in my early 20s.
5. Is religion a crutch?
I think it can be. It can also be a great help to some individuals. Religion’s like underwear, everyone has their own style they’re comfortable with (even none at all) and is entitled to it, but it shouldn’t be worn on the outside or be forced on people.
6. In your region, what is the “big” (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
Not being a sport person at all, I have no idea. Back home in the country, it was Rugby Union, and the big derby between the Grammar school and the Catholic school.
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
Comfortable. As long as the Dog doesn’t require any more surgery 🙂
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
None, but probably CPR, I’ve done some first aid training. I am pretty sure the Heimlich is illegal here, and I’ve tried changing a flat but couldn’t even get the nuts undone.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Probably Salsa dancing, being the least dorky of the above (*braces for things thrown*)
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone?
I’ve been pretty lucky and not really experienced much of this. Maybe “I lost your cat” to my 13 year old brother when it ran away under my care, but I found it before he got back from his holiday anyway. (Then he promptly let it run away again.)
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
Fencing. Which I highly recommend, because it changed my life.
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
I get everything stuck. Absolutely everything. So I guess I could just name what’s stuck in there right now – the chorus for BigBoi’s “Fo Yo Sorrow”…