Ah bliss, a morning off and a books-to-read pile about 8 titles high… resurfacing for a moment or two and then I’m totally back to book land!
1) Speaking of books – the friend who wrote this short story from a few weeks back has written another, slightly longer, and very much worth a read, her dry wit is very catchy!
2) Also speaking of books – sort of, at least. Celebrate the awesomeness of libraries and librarians through song with this Flavourwire mixtape/playlist. (I am so glad to see My Morning Jacket’s “Librarian” in there! The “Let’s Get It On” of the library world indeed…)
3) Nothing at all to do with books. Broke the cycle! Never mind. Anyway, Google tries to market Chrome, their new(ish) browser, in some memorable way. Interestingly, they sell technology without using technology. Not having much luck explaining, but pretty cool nonetheless…
I’m still alive, I swear it! Have just come back from being sent on TWO consecutive trips for work (that makes both 2 in 3 weeks, and 2 in the last 3 years… when it rains it pours!) But I’m back, I’m loud and opinionated, and I’ve spent a lot of time in airport lounges browsing the web, so here are some fun souvenirs I’ve picked up…
2) Looking for the perfect holiday hobby / birthday gift? Make your own Thing In A Jar! (Note: SO want to put one of these together!)
3) No YouTube this week: but since I’ve been hanging out with fun (and slightly naughty) librarians I wanted to share this one with you instead. Gotta love old ads. Especially old Playboy ads. And double-especially ads that make both smoking menthol cigarettes and librarians cool… (or try at least)