I’ve been making resolutions left-right-and-centre over the last couple of weeks. One of them is to blog again.
Another is to start thinking like a professional librarian again, so for library people, I’m starting a weekly journal article review blog over at Rock Chick Librarian – the Thinking Librarian’s Blog. Come have a look!
To jump back into this blog, a SuperMeme!
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
My little scouts, as they did ten-pin-bowling with oranges.
2. What were you doing at 0800?
Probably doing breakfast for either me or the little man.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Having a bath (sadly, not involving bubbles and wine and being alone. Mostly involving cleaning chicken and vegetable puree off myself and the little man.)
4. What happened to you in 2006?
Got my first proper librarian job and driver’s license.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
“Good Dog” (upon feeding our labbie some dinner)
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Coffee in the morning, and 2 bottles of water.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
Black. All three hairbrushes I own are black (aren’t most?)
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
A cup-a-noodle, Kit Kat Dark and bottled water. $7.50 all up. Disgusting.
9. Where were you last night?
Scouts, then dropped my mother off at the bus-stop, then home
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
In my purse, and in a big Corinthian Wafers tin for (supposedly) saving it up.
12. What’s the weather like today?
It was nice. Little man was in a onesie with no socks most of the day because it was super-warm. Dried 2 loads of washing.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
I’m more of a sorbet girl. But chocolate, if pressed.
14. What excites you?
A surprise present. Or more accurately, the leadup before I get it. I’m shallow.
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Just did, a couple of weeks ago. Short hair = less for little guy to grab…
16. Are you over the age of 25?
Yes. And getting further over it every day…😦
17. Do you talk a lot?
Inanely far too much. And mostly to people/creatures who aren’t about to talk back anytime soon.
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
I have never watched the OC. Not even once. It remains one of the things I’m proud of never watching. Said list includes Jersey Shore, the new 90210, and any of the Twilight films.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
My sister-in-law is dating a Steven, and my husband has an uncle named Steven. This being Australia, they are both just “Steve”.
20. Do you make up your own words?
Not really. Not in English, anyway. If I don’t know a Latin word for something when we’re speaking Latin at home, I’ll make it up.
21. Are you a jealous person?
Insanely. And over little things just as much as big things. I’m super-petty like that.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Alison, from Mothers Group, Eleanor’s mummy.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
Harder… my brother’s girlfriend Kath?
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
25. What does the last text message you received say?
“Haha. Lets [sic] hope. Luvya!” From my Dad, as I was saying I hoped I could get a Blu-Ray player with my tax return.
26. Do you chew on your straw?
27. Do you have curly hair?
If I air-dry it without brushing, yes. If I attempt any taming at all, it’s just frizzy.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
Work tomorrow😦. Via my husband’s work to drop him off, since he’s going away for the weekend.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
If rude = crude, then it’s a hard-fought contest between every member of my family. My sister might win on sheer showiness of crudeness.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Chicken and vegetable soup (mercifully unpureed)
31. Will you get married in the future?
That’s a tricky one. I’m married now, and I’m very strongly against the thought of divorce (guess I don’t want to become my parents!) So I think it’d take something pretty serious to have me leave my husband, or he’d have to die. If it was the former, I’m not sure. The latter, I think so. Unless I was really really old…
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
The only movie I’ve seen in the past 2 weeks is “Red Dog”, but I highly recommend that one!
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
My husband, my baby, and once I get the ironing done, myself🙂
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
Um, is “constantly” an answer? Bottles, food trays – not to mention little man needs 3 spoons to eat dinner (one in each hand and one for me to feed him). I would just about commit a capital crime for a dishwasher…
35. Are you currently depressed?
I don’t think so. A couple of months ago, yes. But not now, in a good place and life is sorting itself out. I think I’m just tired…
36. Did you cry today?
No. But I did yesterday, when I saw “Red Dog”. Stupid tear-jerker animal movies…
37. Why did you answer and post this?
Because I felt like I badly needed to make a big effort in returning to blogging.