That’s it! This will be 30 days of 30 posts! It’s all done!
Blog every day of June was a fascinating exercise. It forced me to reflect on a daily basis (even if my reflection was rarely very profound). It brought me lots of new readers, commenters and blogs I must follow now. It gave me more than one exhausted late-night “must-post” moment. It taught me things I’d never known before. So thank you, #blogeverydayofjune!
Following MissSophieMac’s example, I am going to treat you all to 30 things I did this month (other than blog of course) and then follow up with a final, overall Good Thing/Bad Thing/Learned Thing/Link Thing to sum up the whole month. So here we go – this month I:
- Went to Sea World.
- Learned how to make my own fettucine.
- Packed both my mother and my sister off to Israel.
- Packed hubby off to Adelaide.
- Inherited a Clavinova and promised myself I’d take up piano lessons again.
- Read and loved The Language of Stones by Robert Carter, looking forward to Book 2!
- Read 50 pages of, hated and gave up on The Anderson Tapes by Lawrence Sanders.
- Read Princess Pig to small children.
- Went to Lifeline Bookfest and managed not to bankrupt myself.
- Made a bird-feeder (which admittedly I’ve never seen a bird using, so it must not be very good!)
- Polished off Season 2 of True Blood.
- Worked on the ERA submission for MPOW.
- Got a review published in a journal.
- Found out I’m to be a second cousin. Twice over.
- Started playing (and obsessing over) The Sims 3.
- Got to play with an iPad.
- Discovered the awesomely delicious Heat-And-Eat beef goulash my local butcher sells (his wife makes it).
- Experienced the bizarreness of Gaga-brarians.
- Got a peer mentor at work.
- Signed up for the ALIA PD Scheme.
- Farewelled a friend at work who’s moving to another institution.
- FINALLY met my Head of School and didn’t come off looking like a complete idiot…
- Got a taste of not only A Game of Thrones, but also Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, just to test my patience.
- Took my dog to the dog off-leash park numerous times.
- Babysat my mother’s 16 year old cat.
- Mowed my lawn (admittedly for the first time in months. I’m a bad housekeeper.)
- Investigated Mendeley to see if I like it better than the reference management programs I already use (yep that’s right. Plural. Gotta do something about that…)
- Went to the Aurora Institute Alumni Queensland inaugural meeting.
- Played Wii at work
- Read blogs, commented on blogs, shared posts from blogs…
So there you go!
To sum up regarding Blog Every Day Of June:
1) One Good Thing: It’s convinced me to blog more regularly. Not every day. But starting from next Monday I think I’ll do three a week – a Monday meme, a midweek links, and a wrapup good/bad/learned/link thing at the end of the week. Stay tuned!
2) One Bad Thing: My Google Reader is now unmanageable because of all the new blogs I’m following and I don’t even know where to start to clean it up
3) One Thing I Learned: How many passionate, intelligent, thoughtful and just-a-bit wacky people there are out there in Library Land. I’m so glad to have met (well virtually anyway) you all!
4) Today’s Link: there’s only one way to farewell Blog Every Day Of June properly….