Having a crap week, having broken 2 cars in 5 days, and in a pouty mood….what would make this Liberrian happy, you ask? Links, links, and more links, kiddies…
1) For a laugh today – the winning candidates in the B3TA “Phallic Logo Awards” (
.Maybe not one for opening at work. Or if you aren’t a woman. You might get terribly offended, or possibly insanely jealous. You never know.
2) I have discovered a new band – the Riverboat Gamblers. Read a review here (
) and by all means tell me what you think if you’ve heard them!
3) And finally, in this week’s “The internet is stupid but scary” category, this story from the International Herald Tribune (
) tells you why you shouldn’t bag out your boss on your MySpace, children. At least not in Hong Kong.
Well, having been banished to the farthest reaches of the universe (read: the Business Library) for the afternoon, I have no coping mechanism left but to blog, dear readers…
1) Today’s insults just don’t cut it anymore, do they? Nothing unique about the F word, C word or any of those other asceptic alphabetical affronts. (Oh I do love my thesaurus!) Shakespeare, on the other hand…that guy sure did know how to cuss! And while it won’t give you W.S’s actual favourite dirty words, the Elizabethan Curse Generator (
) will serve you up a tasty bunch of Shakespeare-inspired insults to dish out at will (no pun intended). Go have a look, thou clouted mad-bread hedge-pig!
2) Do you ever look at the news on TV or in the paper, shake your head, laugh and make humorous comment? (Today’s news an exception, nothing funny about what’s happened at Virginia Tech at all…) Fark.com is the forum for you! Read today’s wacky out-there news stories, leave your opinions, or just see what others had to say. Japan is offering free repairs for 180,000 toilets after wiring problems caused several to catch fire. Got something to say about that (or just wondering why Newsday.com decided that was news)? Head on over to Fark.com and share!
3) Last (and cutest), this (
) may be the world’s most useless cat…
Happy Easter-slash-Passover, Liberry patrons! Apologies if my crude joke offended, or if you’re the clever student who’s been going around campus adding the above punchline to the Evangelical Students Society’s easter posters…
Anyway, this week, after far too much chocolate, here are some zany treats of another kind…
1) Having seen “300″ on the weekend am desperate to write the terrible wrongs perpetrated on Ancient Greece. And waste some time! So am bringing you
, from the British Museum. In particular, try your hand at the “Challenges” in each section – waste hours matching up the Greek Gods with their pottery images and festivals, or put the daily life objects in the right rooms of the villa! Great fun…also check out ancientrome and ancientindia…
2) If you like e-Books (and boy oh boy I know I do) take a look at
- like Project Gutenberg but easier on the eyes. Check out the Edgar Rice Burroughs stuff – go the Chessmen of Mars!
3) Picked this up off another librarian’s blog – again, so very very glad I don’t work with children. Or bread.
Welcome! You may notice that the Liberry has become more organized – Hooray! (Well I could clean up my house or clean up my blog and I know what would be easier…) Anyway, now if you want Kittens, you click Kittens. If you want YouTube, you click YouTube. Or you continue on browsing just like you always did, whatever makes you happy!
1) Here are 9 Laws of Physics That Don’t Apply In Hollywood, apparently nothing that ever happens in a Spielberg movie is possible. A new fun game to play at the cinemas – pick on the cruddy science!
2) From the people that brought you the Gallery of Regrettable food (actually it’s not the same people but this should be in there…) it’s the grandaddy of horrible horrible food mistakes… THE MEAT CAKE!!!
3) I have a bit of a YouTube MST3K obsession! Seriously, this one, a 50′s educational video about how to have a great family dinner, is a must-see.